Wednesday, October 5, 2011

College is hard.

And it's significantly harder when all your classes are Spanish, and you're expected to have an extensive base knowledge of Spanish culture and history, but you really only know the bare minimum--Civil War, republicans vs. nationalist rebels, Franco's dictatorship...

I've been staring at this stupid journalism assignment for upwards of four hours now because I just don't understand the nuances of the language or the history enough to analyze what I think I'm being asked to analyze.

I'm going to have to write something eventually, and I'm going to hand it to the professor tomorrow and he's going to take it back to his office and look at it and shake his head in confusion at my awkward grammar and complete misunderstanding of the prompt, and probably wonder why I thought I could take an advanced-level, full-immersion university class in the foreign language of a foreign country.

Wish I could tell you why, professor-whose-name-I-don't-know-because-I'm-that-lost-in-class, but I just don't know.




No comments:

Post a Comment