Sunday, August 7, 2011

The final countdown.

199/365 - the difference is time by animal at heart
photo by animal at heart on Flickr.
I leave California in 12 days. I have a 6:30 pm flight from Santa Barbara to Denver to JFK, where I'll spend the last few precious hours with my BlackBerry before I call to cancel its service, buy an overpriced Naked Juice, and board an airplane that will carry me across the Atlantic Ocean for my very first time.

It doesn't feel real yet. I spent an hour or so today writing up a long email to send to extended family members/family friends, explaining where I'm going and what I'm doing. But the thing is, even I don't really know where I'm going or what I'm doing yet. I've been passing the time by doing little things, like buying a ridiculous amount of new shoes (my excuse is that I've heard Spaniards are snobby about shoes), ordering Madrid guidebooks, and speaking to my cat in Spanish.

There's so much to do before I leave: somehow condense all my belongings into two suitcases, order a double-case watch, go swimming in the Pacific Ocean a few more times, see countless friends, celebrate my 3rd anniversary with my boyfriend...these are either going to be the saddest or most exciting 12 days of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...those watches look very familiar. Could they have come from my jewelry box?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The end of the countdown is near. I am so happy for you to have the opportunity to go on this adventure!

    ReplyDelete